TERI is seeking an Associate Fellow to join the Centre for Global Environment Research (CGER) team in India. This position provides a unique opportunity for those willing to work with different ministries, industry and multi-lateral organizations to facilitate the implementation of India Cooling Action Plan through civil society efforts. As a core team member, the candidate will be primarily responsible for contributing to work under several projects being undertaken with the government, bilateral and multilaterals on improving energy efficiency in the cooling sector, Indias refrigerant transition plan and take into account their perspectives on implementation framework.
- Carry out research on energy efficiency, climate, environment in the aspect of cooling, refrigerants and other similar areas
- Working on cross sectoral development of cooling like buildings, Room Air Conditioners, chillers, Mobile Air conditioning, cold chain etc.
- Review of existing national and international policies, market trends, industries related to cooling;
- Participating and observing developments on the Montreal Protocol, Kigali Amendment, and UNFCCC linked processes
- Liaising with government and non-governmental entities dealing in cooling, energy efficiency, and refrigerant transition at the national, international and sub-national levels.
- Compilation of project reports (technical and financial) and submission to clients
- Assistance in writing working/ research papers, journal articles and blogs.
- Organizing internal and external meetings, workshops, conferences along with preparing agenda, identifying relevant stakeholders, etc.
- Project management, planning, execution and managing client interactions
5 - 6 years
Essential: Masters in Energy/Engineering/Technology/Climate policy/Economics/Environmental Science or similar
Desirable: Degree in Mechanical/Electrical/Chemical/Energy Studies/ Energy and Environment polices/ Sustainable Development
Proficiency in proposals and report writing (with proven writing skills) and documentation with a credible publications record is desirable.
- Strong communication skills.
- Willingness to learn and explore new experiences.
Rs. commensurate with experience and skills
Please apply latest by 30 Jul 2021